State Historical and Architectural Reserve "Khotyn Fortress" was created in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 12.10.2000 year №1539 «On the State Historical and Architectural Reserve" Khotyn fortress ". In accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 20.10.2011, № 1032-r "On the transfer of property complexes of historical and cultural reserves under the management of the Ministry of Culture" Reserve transferred to the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine.
The reserve is a research and cultural and educational institutions, ensuring the identification, research, preservation, protection, use and promotion of the architectural monument of national importance - the fortress complex of buildings XIII-XVIII centuries., Khotyn town (security number 803, Cabinet of Ministers of the USSR number 970 of 24 August 1967).
The total area of the reserve, according to the state acts on the permanent use of land is 16.0958 hectares (state acts for the right to permanent use of land lot number 350023 Yaya on 24 November 2004, number 350024 Yaya series from November 24, 2004, number 350 025 series by Yaya November 24, 2004).
The reserve also rent (in '49) Land area of 0.1287 ha. (Contract №30 from 04.12.2013).
The number of objects of cultural heritage
а) monuments of national importance – 1;
б) cultural heritage (on the balance of the reserve) – 21;
в) cultural heritage which made the registration documentation
(passports, registration cards) – 21.
The list of objects of cultural heritage
COMPLEX FACILITIES Fortress XIII-XVIII centuries. Khotyn town
(architectural monument of national importance, guard number 803)
objects entering the fortress complex of buildings XIII-XVIII centuries., Khotyn town
Castle (Citadel) XIII-XIX centuries.
- Defensive wall of the castle XV-XIX centuries.
- South (Entry) castle tower with wooden bridges XVII-XVIII centuries.
- South-west tower of the castle XV-XVIII centuries.
- Western (Commandant) tower castle XV-XVI centuries.
- North Tower of the castle of XIII-XVI centuries.
- East of the castle tower of XV-XVI centuries.
- omendantsky palace of XV-XVI centuries.
- Castle Church of XV-XVI centuries.
- Barracks XV-XIX centuries.
- Castle well XV-XVIII centuries.
Fortress XVIII-XIX centuries.
- With ramparts and bastions escarpment XVII.
- Podil's'ki gates of the XVIII century.
- Bender gates of the XVIII century.
- The tower above the stream (ruins) XVIII century.
- Iasi gates of the XVIII century.
- Kamenetskaya gates of the XVIII century.
- The bridge over the stream of the XVIII century.
- The mosque with a minaret (ruins) XVIII century.
- Russian gates (ruins) the nineteenth century.
- Garrison workshops nineteenth century.
- Church of Sts. Alexander Nevsky 1835.