19. Kamenetskaya gates
Kamenetskaya gate, another name - "Party bastions and" - one of the least studied the gate of the outer ring of fortifications (unlike Bender and Iasi). The date of construction of Kamenetz gate can be considered the beginning of the XVIII century, when in 1711 the Turks seized Hawtin and began the construction of the outer ring of defense. During the XVIII-XIX centuries. We were working to maintain the system of fortifications in a satisfactory condition. But after 1856 the fortress lost its defensive value, the system of fortifications remained unattended and came to decline. Underwent destruction and Kamenetskaya gates. By the time the construction of the New Fortress applies mosque with a minaret (ruins). Mosque minaret with a height of about 3 m was located in a specially-planned site near the center of the southern part of the New Fortress, built by the Turks in 1711 - 1718 Time of construction of this religious building allows to establish an anonymous connection Turkish author, 20-30 years HVIII century, was an employee of the arsenal Khotyn Fortress. He wrote that it was "valide mosque late Sultan." This title was of the ruling sultan's mother, in this case - Ahmed IES (1703-1730). She was a Greek by birth, a native of Reti; I enjoyed respect among Turkish Muslims as its facilities were built mosque in Scutari and Galati, as well as a foundation for the maintenance of the inn for the poor in Istanbul. He died 22 February 1716. Taking into account the date of commencement of construction of a mosque in New castle should be attributed to the years 1713-1715, when Khotyn permanently settled Turkish and Tatar (Lipkanskaya) military units, as well as the restriction of power Khotyn nahiye or Raya - Turkish territorial administrative unit, completely organized 1715. Alongside was arranged cemetery where buried officers, officials and members of their families. During the Russian-Turkish war of 1768-1774. It applies a schematic drawing of the "Prospectus Khotyn fortress of one thousand seven hundred sixty-nine the Year", which depicts and this mosque with a minaret. The following information on the Mosque belong to 1788-1793 gg. When in Khotyn fortress housed the Austrian garrison. The accompanying stories plans, taken while the Russian and Austrian military engineers, there was "firmly made up the mosque" "mosque built of hewn stone." It was adapted for housing for the commandant, two ground-officers and garrison priest. Obviously, before the evacuation of the Austrian garrison in February 1793, according to the order, the building was damaged specially, namely "... Remove all doors, door salaries, windows, salaries, dismantled the furnace and broke down the floor." November 15, 1806 Khotyn fortress took the royal army. In 1807, the engineer Major General Harting took the "Plan Khotyn Fortress with the situation around thereof ...", which shows the land and the mosque. The accompanying story stated: "The main mosque mother occupied with food." Thus, the religious building began to be used as the composition of the Provision. This is supported by numerous finds overheated cereals, discovered during the excavation of basements of the building (two thousand years). After the 1856 mosque with a minaret began to collapse. In the early twentieth century, as evidenced by the photos, the construction of the roof was gone, and the minaret lost shpilchaste completion. At the beginning of July 1941 the retreating Red Army blew up the minaret. Today cleared the remains of a mosque with a minaret make an idea about the religious building and allow it to reconstruct. Also interesting buildings and a bridge across the stream. Bridge across the stream connects the eastern and western parts of the new fortress. His first image presented in the master plan Khotyn fortress, dated 1739 year. On plans for 1775-1807 years the image of the bridge coincides with the previous ones. The explication of the plan in 1821 stated: "The Bridge on the stone arch that separates the castle into two parts." In the drawings, the restoration of bridges, which took place in 1812, is a facade, plan and section of the bridge over the stream. It can be argued that already between 1807 and 1812 years, that is, during the Russian-Turkish war, rebuilt the city and began to call on the Arch Bridge. After 1855 no evidence of a bridge across the stream has not. If we compare the natural material and iconographic evolution of the bridge looks like this: first there was a wooden bridge at the end of the seventeenth century in its place built a stone bridge on the arch, which was reconstructed around 1812. It is plausible, between one thousand eight hundred twenty-one and 1856 there was the last bridge with wooden superstructures, stone pillars.